Who we are
US AI stands as a forward-thinking digital transformation enterprise, dedicated to enabling individuals to achieve remarkable feats through cutting-edge technology. As an industry leader in AI and Cybersecurity, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to spearhead the commercialization of groundbreaking products and propel our business to new heights.
If you’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the digital realm, then this is the place for you. Come work with us, and let’s redefine the future together.
About the Job
As a Senior Systems Administrator, you will support our senior infrastructure team in ensuring that the internal IT structure of the enterprise remains up-to-date, and systems are maintained. We expect you to bring in your high-energy and curiosity to learn quickly and adapt to varying company needs. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Manage monitoring and alerting functionality for metrics on core system servers
- Manage user roles, permissions, and policies across all company software, including but not limited to Active Directory, Gitlab, and AWS
- Manage passwords, SSO policies, and best practices across all company software
- Process software requests including the pre-installation research, vetting, and installation
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Infrastructure scripting solutions such as Bash scripting, and Python
- Track and input support tickets into IT ticketing support systems
- Deploy and configure Linux servers
- Ensure systems are kept in the required configuration profile including, but not limited to patch maintenance, configuration standards set by the organization, and software management
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedural guides
- Track, respond to and remediate cyber security threats
- Collaborate with other engineers, analysts, data scientists, developers, and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product / project objectives
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Linux system administration
Required Skills / Certifications
- Experience in writing Bash and Python scripts
- Proficient experience in administering Linux-based systems, with a strong emphasis on expertise in Ubuntu, including the ability to configure, optimize, and troubleshoot system components to ensure reliable and secure operations.
- Strong command-line skills
- Knowledge of containerization platforms (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Experience with developing and documenting standards and promoting process improvement
- Experience with Agile project management
Preferred Skills / Certifications
- Security+ Certified
- Experience with backup and restore operations
- Demonstrated experience with datacenter-class network switch and firewall troubleshooting
- Experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins
- Experience with managing Linux servers using Ansible
You must be able to obtain a security clearance (Secret or higher)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching, and opportunities for professional growth and career development.
You have the legal right to work in the United States without current or future employer sponsorship. Qualified candidates must live in the United States, with the ability to commute to the North Bethesda, MD office. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. USAI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.