Who we are
US AI stands as a forward-thinking digital transformation enterprise, dedicated to enabling individuals to achieve remarkable feats through cutting-edge technology. As an industry leader in AI and Cybersecurity, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to spearhead the commercialization of groundbreaking products and propel our business to new heights.
If you’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the digital realm, then this is the place for you. Come work with us, and let’s redefine the future together.
About the Job
US AI is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to join our team and secure our state-of-the-art US AI Infrastructure. As a Security Engineer you will work closely with various teams to implement and maintain effective security measures, identify vulnerabilities, and respond to security incidents. This role requires a strong understanding of information security practices, as well as the ability to stay updated on emerging threats and technologies. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement security policies, standards, and procedures to safeguard US AI’s IT infrastructure.
- Conduct regular security audits to identify vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate countermeasures.
- Monitor systems and networks for potential security breaches, promptly investigate incidents, and develop incident response plans.
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure security controls are effectively integrated into system designs and configurations.
- Stay updated with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and technologies, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Security, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years’ experience working as a Security Engineer or in a similar role, with a focus on network and system security.
- Experience in conducting security assessments, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly analyze and respond to security incidents.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Required Skills / Certifications
- Strong knowledge of information security frameworks, standards, and best practices (i.e., NIST Cybersecurity Framework, etc).
- Proficiency in security technologies and tools, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, SIEM, and antivirus software. (i.e, Splunk, Wazuh, Trellix, etc)
Preferred Skills / Certifications
- Security +, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), or CISM (Certified Information Security Manager) preferred.
You must be able to obtain a security clearance (Secret or higher)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching, and opportunities for professional growth and career development.
You have the legal right to work in the United States without current or future employer sponsorship. Qualified candidates must live in the United States, with the ability to commute to the North Bethesda, MD office. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. USAI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.