Who we are
US AI stands as a forward-thinking digital transformation enterprise, dedicated to enabling individuals to achieve remarkable feats through cutting-edge technology. As an industry leader in AI and Cybersecurity, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to spearhead the commercialization of groundbreaking products and propel our business to new heights.
If you’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the digital realm, then this is the place for you. Come work with us, and let’s redefine the future together.
About the Job
As a Senior Accountant you will play a key role in guiding financial operations, ensuring accuracy in financial reporting, and maintaining compliance with accounting standards. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong accounting background and the ability to lead and support financial processes within our organization.
What you’ll do
- Lead reconciliation procedures to address and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Create and file reports of financial data, including financial statements for both internal and external users, according to internal and statutory requirements
- Maintain and reconcile the financial books and records as well as perform essential financial functions to assure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial transactions
- Gather and enter data into spreadsheets and financial statement program
- Prepare, proof, edit and analyze financial reports and statements
- Prepare and enter journal entries and balance ledger accounts
- Stay current with statutory requirements and changes and provide feedback to supervisor/ manager for decision making
- Assist with annual and periodic budgeting and forecasting activities
- Provide assistance with sales proposals/RFPs (pricing and tax related)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience, with a focus on financial reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
Required Skills / Certifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, enabling effective collaboration across departments.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business leaders
- Excellent business judgement, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting tools such as QuickBooks
Preferred Skills / Certifications
- CPA certification
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance
You must be able to obtain a security clearance (Secret or higher)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching, and opportunities for professional growth and career development.
You have the legal right to work in the United States without current or future employer sponsorship. Qualified candidates must live in the United States, with the ability to commute to the North Bethesda, MD office. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. USAI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.