Who we are
US AI stands as a forward-thinking digital transformation enterprise, dedicated to enabling individuals to achieve remarkable feats through cutting-edge technology. As an industry leader in AI and Cybersecurity, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to spearhead the commercialization of groundbreaking products and propel our business to new heights.
If you’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the digital realm, then this is the place for you. Come work with us, and let’s redefine the future together.
About the Job
As a Software Engineer at US AI, you’ll be at the helm of crafting seamless digital experiences from end to end. In this role, you’ll bridge the gap between design and technology, turning innovative ideas into reality. Your work will touch on every aspect of our product development, from creating visually stunning user interfaces to building robust back-end systems. If you’re a passionate problem solver and tech enthusiast, join us to shape the future of software.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain new and existing mobile and/or web applications using Angular and working across the entire MEAN stack and using frameworks like IONIC
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment consisting of a cross-functional team designing and implementing systems from the user interface front-end through the back-end
- Create detailed technical designs, code, and unit tests for custom applications and data flow in the context of projects, releases, and production support
- Provide technical estimates for user stories, articulating any technical risks and assumptions
- Contribute to application and database performance tuning and defect resolution
- Perform code reviews of other developers
- Collaboratively work with functional and technical teams to integrate applications into a cloud environment
- Establish productive working relationships and maintain effective communications with teammates, clients, and end-user
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies
- Minimum one (1) year experience developing web applications, with at least 1 year in full-stack development (MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.js)
Required Skills / Certifications
- Engineer efficient back-end systems, including MongoDB databases
- Foundational knowledge of Angular practices and commonly used modules
- Experience with MVC design patterns, Material Design, and responsive design
- Knowledge of Angular practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and component
- Foundational UI skills and experience with cross-browser application
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skill
- Understanding of unit testing and mocking techniques, automated testing platforms, and unit tests for CI/C
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Subversion
Preferred Skills / Certifications
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field
- Mobile development experience
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with full-stack development using Typescript at both the front end and back end
You must be able to obtain a security clearance (Secret or higher)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, life insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer matching, and opportunities for professional growth and career development.
You have the legal right to work in the United States without current or future employer sponsorship. Qualified candidates must live in the United States, with the ability to commute to the North Bethesda, MD office. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. USAI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.